The Business of Saving Lives: Innovation, Implementation and Scale-up with Jane Chen
Jane Chen—Co-founder and CEO, Embrace Innovations; Fellow, TED; Fellow, Echoing Green
Chen and her team wanted to solve a problem: how to save premature and low-birth-weight babies living in the developing world without access to incubators. From the design phase of the life-saving technology to its adoption and distribution stage, Chen explains how the Embrace Infant Warmer is helping babies and their mothers in countries including India, China, Somalia, Zambia, Uganda, Mexico, Guatemala and soon Afghanistan.
Location: SF Club Office, 595 Market Street (2nd floor) @ Second St. (BART Montgomery St. stop), San Francisco
Time: 5:30 p.m. networking reception, 6 p.m. program
Cost: $20 standard, $7 for students (with valid ID), $8 members including NorCal PCA members
Registration: NorCal PCA members—to redeem the discounted ticket:
1. Visit the direct event page: http://www.commonwealthclub.org/events/2013-05-07/business-saving-lives-innovation-implementation-and-scale
2. Select the number of tickets desired at the bottom of the event page (each ticket-buyer will only be able to purchase two tickets at the discounted rate).
3. Select “Add to Basket” and proceed to check-out.
4. At the check-out page, enter coupon code: peacecorpsforchen (keep in mind that coupon code is CASE SENSITIVE).
5. If there is any trouble redeeming the coupon online, it can also be used by calling our automated ticket line at 415-597-6705