At 7:00 p.m. on August 18, 2014, the Commonwealth Club of California in association with the NorCal Peace Corps Association will present, “Traveling to the World’s Darker Countries” with Tony Wheeler, Co-Founder of Lonely Planet and Author of “Tony Wheeler’s Dark Lands.”
Come hear Wheeler share his experiences traveling through some of the world’s “darkest” regions, including North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan and Cuba. With many of these countries in conflict and strife, Wheeler offers sensible tips and warnings for visitors curious to explore these areas. Hear more about his tales and misadventures from the “dark” side.
Wheeler and his wife co-founded Lonely Planet, one of the world’s most award-winning travel guidebook companies.
Location: Historic Hoover Theatre, 1635 Park Ave, San Jose
Time: 6:30 p.m. check-in, 7 p.m. program, 8 p.m. book signing
Cost: $20 non-members, $12 Club and NorCal PCA members, $7 students (with valid ID)
See more at: http://www.commonwealthclub.org/events/2014-08-18/traveling-world’s-darker-countries
To redeem the discounted ticket price of $12.00:
1. Visit the direct event page: http://www.commonwealthclub.org/events/2014-08-18/traveling-world’s-darker-countries
2. Select the number of tickets desired at the bottom of the event page (each ticket-buyer will only be able to purchase two tickets at the discounted rate).
3. Select “Add to Basket” and proceed to check-out.
4. At the check-out page, enter coupon code: ncpeace (keep in mind that coupon code is CASE SENSITIVE).
5. If there is any trouble redeeming the coupon online, it can also be used by calling our automated ticket line at 415-597-6705.
For more information, please contact Karen Keefer, RPCV/Nigeria & Liberia + X-staff/PC-HQ, at RPCVK2@gmail.com.
RPCVs Speakers Needed
Last year the Global Presenters Program matched over 100 RPCVs to schools and community groups in 21 cities. Due to the success of last year we are receiving record numbers of requests for RPCV speakers. Volunteer and help bring to life the Third Goal of Peace Corps View Requests>>