WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
Last Update: 11/27/2013 9:07 AM
Because NorCalPCA has no paid staff, everything we do is volunteer run. You can get involved through: speakers bureau, helping with events, mentoring, writing, Photography, membership development, and more.
Help Expand our Speaker Program
If you know of a teacher, church group or any civic organization who is interested in international affairs and would like to have an former volunteer come and do a presentation please have them contact us at email@example.com or they can fill out our speaker request form
on our website.
OPEN Speaker Requests
Seaside HS, (near Monterey,CA)
Thurs, Dec 12 or Fri, Dec 13
Would like 2-3 RPCVs to participate on a 90 minute panel discussion to high school seniors. The panel will be answering questions on poverty and development to a 12th grade economics class. There will also be a general discussion on Peace Corps, the application process, Peace Corps assignments, your challenges, successes and failures. Finally the panel will talk about how successful ex volunteers have been and the benefits former volunteers get for their future careers. Preference for volunteers who worked in community development, business development, youth development.
The instructor used to work for the UN and USAID for more than 20 years in Mozambique and Latin America.
Newsletter Writers and Copy Editors
Contact: Sharon Heiny firstname.lastname@example.org
Each month we focus on a theme and invite stories submissions. We can help put you in touch with RPCVs for stories interviews, help with writing pieces, help with editing pieces, help with photography and fact checking. Stories are 500-1,000 words long. Photographs are encouraged. Deadline for submission is the last Monday of the prior month. Volunteer to help by contacting email@example.com
- December: Married to an RPCV
- January: Peace Corps Animals
- February: Peace Corps Families
Social Media Manager
Contact: Will Spargur firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Facebook ad campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of Social Media programs.
- Engage community with regular postings including: NorCal Events, NorCal Activities such as the Speaker’s Bureau and volunteer services, Promote ways to get involved, Encourage people to join and donate to NorCal.